Individuals - Terms of business
Payments & Refunds
1. The lesson fee shall be paid in advance of each lesson unless prior agreement otherwise is obtained from Diverse Road Safety CIC.
2. Where invoices are issued, payment shall be made within seven days.
3. All prices, discounts and Special Offers are available at the sole discretion of Diverse Road Safety CIC. Prices are subject to change and any discounts or Special Offers may be replaced or withdrawn at any time.
4. Should a Pupil cease to take tuition for any reason, a refund will be issued for any full unused tuition hours only and will be subject to a £10 administration fee.
5. Should a refund be requested prior to the commencement of driving lessons, a £10 administration fee will be deducted from the refunded amount.
6. Refunds will be made by bank transfer or, in exceptional circumstances, by cheque. Cash refunds will not be provided.
7. Should a refund cheque need to be reissued for any reason, Diverse Road Safety CIC reserves the right to deduct a £20 administration fee.
Cancellations & Punctuality
1. All matters relating to the timing, location and duration of individual lessons shall be subject to agreement between the designated Instructor and the Pupil.
2. Diverse Road Safety CIC shall have the right to substitute another Diverse Road Safety CIC Instructor for the purpose of giving all or any of the lessons if the designated Instructor is not available for any reason whatsoever.
3. In the event that Diverse Road Safety CIC is unable to substitute another Instructor for a specific appointment, or in the event of mechanical breakdown or other cause, Diverse Road Safety CIC reserves the right to rearrange the lesson to a time convenient to both parties.
4. If the Pupil fails to give the Instructor (either direct or via the Diverse Road Safety office) forty-eight hours notice when cancelling any lesson (including weekends and Bank Holidays), Diverse Road Safety CIC reserve the right to charge the Pupil the full cost of the lesson. In making any bookings, supplying any information or documentation to the Pupil, and processing any payments, the Instructor acts as an agent of Diverse Road Safety CIC, and accordingly, the Pupil acknowledges that the Instructor cannot have any liability to the pupil in respect of any matter which is subject to the contract between the Pupil and Diverse Road Safety CIC.
5. The Instructor will endeavour to give the Pupil forty-eight hours notice when cancelling any lesson (including weekends and Bank Holidays) due to unforeseen circumstances. The Instructor reserves the right to postpone lessons if he/she feels that the weather or road conditions are unsuitable or dangerous. Neither Diverse Road Safety CIC nor the Instructor can be held responsible for any costs incurred as a result of him/her having to postpone any lessons, for whatever reason.
6. The Pupil accepts that it is in their own interests to be punctual for their lesson appointments. All such appointments should be recorded to ensure that mistakes are avoided. Where the Pupil fails to arrive punctually for a lesson, the Instructor would normally make efforts to contact the Pupil and then wait for a maximum of fifteen minutes before the lesson would be abandoned and the lesson fee forfeited or become due for payment. A reciprocal waiting time may become necessary if the Instructor is delayed due to unforeseen circumstances. Any lesson time lost as a result of Instructor delay would be made up by the Instructor either at the end of the normal lesson time if possible or at a later date. The Instructor will endeavour to contact the Pupil to alert them of any delay greater than five minutes to his/her arrival at the agreed meeting point.
1. Students will be given advice by their instructor in regards their readiness for the practical driving test. If a student disagrees with their instructor’s opinion then the student (at their own expense) must take a mock examination with a suitably qualified Instructor who will then decide on readiness for test based on the results.
2. Diverse Road Safety CIC reserve the right to withdraw our vehicles for test without notice should the student prove not to be up to standard.
3. Students can expect their instructor and training vehicle to be clean and fit for purpose. We undertake to make regular checks on our instructors and their vehicles to ensure that they continuously meet the standards required for training.
4. Diverse Road Safety CIC or its instructors cannot be held responsible for postponements or cancellations of lessons due to mechanical breakdown, tyre damage or instructor illness, nor for driving tests postponed by the Driving Standards Agency due to adverse weather conditions or examiner illness.
5. We cannot be held responsible for any mechanical, tyre or bulb failure during driving tests, although we undertake to make every effort to minimise this risk.
Other & Liability
1. In the event of a complaint all efforts must be made to resolve the problem directly with the Instructor. If any problem cannot be resolved, the complaint may be passed to the Diverse Road Safety CIC office for further investigation. All complaints will be handled in an open-minded and sympathetic manner and the decision of the Directors is final in any and all disputes.
2. The Instructor and/or Diverse Road Safety CIC are not liable for any loss or damage caused where, and to the extent that:
o there is no breach of a legal duty owed to the Customer by the relevant person or body
o such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of such a breach
o any such loss or damage, or increase in the same, results from any breach or omission by the Customer
o any such loss or damage results from circumstances or matters outside of the reasonable control of the relevant person or body
3. The Instructor and/or Diverse Road Safety CIC shall not, in any event, be liable for losses relating to any business interests the Customer may have including, without limitation, lost profits, loss of opportunity or business or business interruption.
4. Nothing in these terms and conditions will reduce the statutory rights of the Customer relating to faulty or mis-described goods or services provided. The Instructor has a statutory obligation to provide goods and services fit for the purpose for which they were purchased and as described. Similarly, any goods or services supplied by Diverse Road Safety CIC must also be fit for the purpose for which they were purchased and as described. If the Customer has any doubts about their statutory rights, they should contact their local Trading Standards Department or Citizen's Advice Bureau.
5. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.